Best Ancient Rome Attractions
Favorite Tourist Attractions in Rome
Top Ancient Rome Italy Attractions
Here are the most important ancient Rome tourist attractions:
- Colosseum in Rome - Roman gladiators fought bloody battles with wild animals in this magnificent arena
- The Roman Forum - important center of life in ancient Rome
- Roman Pantheon - best preserved ancient site and the only one that is still in use
- Circus Maximus - the scene of vicious chariot races
- Palatine Hill - Romulus killed his brother Remus here
- Arch of Constantine - monument commemorating Emporer Constantine's victory over rival Maxentius
- Baths of Diocletian - built in AD300 by Emperor Diocletian, held 3000 bathers at a time
- Caracalla Baths - the Baths of Caracalla or Caracalla Therme is the largest Roman ruin besides the Colosseum
- Roman Aqueducts - 11 aqueducts were built between BC312 and AD206 to bring Romans fresh water
- Rome Catacombs - tunnels built as burial places for Christians during ancient Roman times when the dead could not be buried within the walls of Rome
- Ostia Antica - these port town ruins, similar to Pompeii, can be explored on a day trip from Rome
Ancient Rome Maps
This interacitve map of ancient Rome shows the location of ancient sites when you place your cursor on it. Try adjusting the map with the arrows and the + and - signs.
These ancient Rome Italy attractions, along with Vatican City Rome, are absolute must-sees on Rome vacations. But, that's not all....there are many other excellent choices for sightseeing in Rome including Rome Tours.
Ready to explore ancient Rome? Let's check out these famous historical sites....
All rights reserved. All content and photographs are copyrighted.