Best Rome Events and Entertainment
Current Things to Do in Rome
Favorite Rome Events - discover what to do in Rome. Rome is an exciting city with many exciting cultural activities and things to do.
This Best Rome Entertainment Guide will keep you up to date on currents events in Rome and includes special concerts, art, dance, theatre, exhibits, performances, how to buy tickets for events in Rome and more.
What is Going on in Rome?
Here are the current highlights to check out...
Holidays in Rome
Rome Italy is a great place to spend the holidays. Check out events and things to do in Rome for the holidays...
Here is a complete guide to Christmas in Rome including events, activities and lots of things to do in Rome for Christmas.
Music in Rome
Classical Music in Rome
- Concert Series at Capella Paolina in the Quirinale Palace - Sundays at noon from October to June, 5 euro entrance to the Quirinale Palace which you can tour before the concert.
- Omaggio a Chopin at Parco della Musica - Sala Santa Cecilia (Viale Pietro De Coubertin, 15) - Nov. 4 at 8:30pm. Tickets for Omaggio a Chopin.
- Classical Concert at Auditorium Conciliazione - Oct. 16-17, Oct. 23-24, Nov. 06-07, Nov. 13-14, Nov. 20-21, Nov. 27-Nov. 28
Jazz in Rome
- Casa del Jazz - Villa Osio's newly opened Center for Jazz has practice rooms, record studio, multi-media library, restaurant and more. Top names in international jazz perform here. Viale di Porta Ardeatina 55.
Opera Rome Events
- I Musici Veneziani Roma - 90 minute concerts at St. Paul Within the Walls (Chiesa di S. Paolo Entro Le Mura) - 8:30pm on Oct 15, Nov. 19, Nov. 26, Dec. 3 & Dec. 30. Tickets for I Musici Veneziani Roma.
- MacBeth - Nov. 27 - Dec. 11, 8:30pm Opera House of Rome (Teatro dell'Opera Di Roma)
- La Traviata di Giuseppe Verdi - Through Jan. 2, 8:30pm at Chiesa All-Saints, Via del Babuino 153 (Piazza di Spagna)
Art in Rome
- Piet Mondrian (1877-1944) is a Dutch Painter in the international avant-garde arena. Exhibition at Complesso Del Vittoriano, Piazza Venezia - through Jan. 29, 2012
- Realisimi Socialisti Social Realism 1920-1970 fills all 7 galleries and also includes an exhibition of Russian Avant-Garde artist, Aleksandr Rodcenko. Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Via Nazionale 194 - through January 8, 2012.
- Filippino Lippi e Sandro Botticelli was born in 1457 and a gifted artist. Exhibition includes panels, frescoes, drawings and more. Scuderie del Quirinale through Jan. 15, 2012.
- Georgia O'Keefe, famous 20th century American landscape artist's first exhibition in Italy. Fondazione Roma Museo, Palazzo Cipolla, Via del Corso 320 - through Jan. 22, 2012.
- Milton Gendel, American photographer's exhibit of surreal depictions of Rome and Italy while living there plus daily traditions, customs and life in China and Taiwan (Formosa) during 2 year stay after World War II. Museo Carlo Bilotti, Viale Fiorello Guardia 4 - through January 8.
- Indian Highway, 60 works by many artists showing the movement of people from rural India to the large cities. Museo nazionale delle Arti del XXI Secolo, Via Guido Reni 4a - through January 9.
- Giovanni Battista Piranesi (1720-1778) exhibition of etchings of Rome in the 18th century. Casa di Goethe, Via del Corso 1B - through Jan. 15, 2012.
Theatre Events in Rome
- Ben Hur Live - through Oct. 29 at Nuova Fiera di Roma
- Mamma Mia! - through Oct. 30 at Teatro Brancaccio
- Arturo Brachetti - Oct. 28 - Nov. 12 at Auditorium Conciliazione
- Disney Channel Show - Nov. 19-Nov. 20 at PalaLottomatica
- I Promessi Sposi - Nov. 10-Nov.20 at Gran Teatro
Rome Film Festival
- Roma Film Festival VI ed. - Oct. 27-Nov. 4
Sporting Events in Rome
- Cricket at Piazza Vittorio at CIES
Tickets for Rome Events
Interested in purchasing tickets for Rome events? Check out this link where you can buy tickets for Rome events online.
Return to Best of Rome Italy from Rome Events