Best Rome Italy Restaurants
Eating in Rome - Rome Restaurant Guide
Choosing Rome Italy Restaurants can be overwhelming....
If you are looking for the best places to eat in Rome Italy, check out the great recommendations below from locals and fellow travellers.
I have scoured the Rome restaurant reviews and found the best trattoria Roma, pizzeria Roma, cafe Roma and ristorante Roma.
What is YOUR favorite restaurant in Rome?
We would love to hear from you! Share your favorite restaurant in Rome.
Check out our Rome tourist guide for more tips in planning your Rome Italy vacation.
Best Cooking Classes in Rome Italy
You must love Italian food if you are exploring this page on Rome Italy restaurants :)
Would like to learn how to cook Italian dishes like a pro?
Why not consider a Rome cooking class from a top Roman chef. Check out these details and reviews of cooking classes in Rome with Chef Andrea.
Best Ristorante Roma
Here are some Rome Italy Restaurants, grouped by location, to consider....
Best Restaurants near the Colosseum or Colosseo Ristorante
- Le Naumachie, Via Celimontana 7, 067002764 - Mozzarella di Bufala appetizer is fantastic And great Cestino le Naumachie
- Hostaria Isidoro, Via di San Giovanni in Laterano 59, 067008266 - "Assaggini" sample sized portions many typical Roman pastas and risottos
- La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali, Via Madonna dei Monti 16 066798643 - Great food, small local Rome Italy restaurant, great carbonara
- Delizie di Calabria, Via dei Serpenti 20 - Amazing sandwiches for 2-3 euros
- Taverna Urbana - Via Urbana 137, 064884439 - Homemade and reasonable prices, pasta excellent
Best Piazza Venezia Rome Italy Restaurants
- Ristorante Santa Cristina, Via della Cordonata 21-22 - "Best restaurant we found on our trip to Italy", small, family run Rome Italy restaurant, excellent homemade bread and pasta, try the Gruyere & Onion Lasagne or Chicken with Gorganzola
Best Restaurants near the Trevi Fountain or Fontana di Trevi Ristorante
- Pasticceria next to Trevi Fountain - "best Cannoli we found in our 3 days in Rome"
- Ristorante Scanderbeg, Vicolo Scanderbeg 45, 066793826 - a Rick Steve's favorite Rome Italy restaurant
- Il Giardino di Albino, Via Zucchelli 29 - Rome Italy restaurant with fixed price menu, "incredible antipasto items" great pasta, private label housewine, guitarist/singer
Best Restaurants near the Pantheon
- Ristorante Maccheroni, Piazza delle Coppelle 44 - For real local cuisine and Roman atmosphere
- Enoteca Corsi, Via del Gesu 87/88 066790821 - "favorite place in Rome for lunch", many locals eating here
- Piccola Roma, Via Uffici del Vicario 36 - Traditional Roman lunch and dinner, next door...Giolitti for gelato
- Trattoria Antonio al Pantheon, Via dei Pastini 12 - family-run Rome Italy restaurant and decorated with old world charm
Best Restaurants near the Spanish Steps or Scalinata della Trinità dei Monti Ristorante
- Cafe Greco, Via dei Condotti 86, tel. 066791700 - Elegant cafe Roma founded in 1760 and visited by many famous people including Keats and Shelley, "an experience not to be missed", surroundings "magical"
- Gabriello Ristorante, Via Vittoria 51 - delicious, fresh cuisine, try the buffalo mozzarella and prosciutto
- Ristorante alla Rampa, Piazza Mignanelli, 18 066782621 - wonderful Rome Italy restaurant, try the Beef Stroganoff (Filet Mignon melts in your mouth), Pasta ai Fagioli or Panna Cotta, somewhat expensive
- Fiaschetteria, Via della Croce 39 - serves traditional Italian Cuisine, Rick Steve's recommendation.
Best Restaurants near the Vatican or Vaticano Ristorante
- La Rustichella, Via Angel Emo 1, 0639720649 - Rick Steves' Rome Italy restaurant recommendation, multi-item antipasto buffet
- Zi Gaetana, Via Cola di Rienzo 263 063212342 - good pizzas and interesting mix of unexpected ingrediens, many locals
- Dino & Tony, Via Leone IV 60 - "My favorite restaurant of the whole trip", "let Dino decide what to bring you, you won't be disappointed"
- Hosteria Pizzeria "Da Vito E Dina", Via degli Scipioni 50, great food and personal service, reasonable prices
- Antonio's Hostaria dei Bastioni, Via Leone IV 29 - good food, and Antonio & his staff are lovely people
Rome Italy Restaurants near Campo di Fiori
- Ditirambo Ristorante Piazza della Cancelleria 74 in Campo di Fiori. 06 687 1626 - phenomenal food, good service, very pleasant/cozy dining room.
- Antica Hostaria, Campo de' Fiori 40 066864024 - good Campo di Fiori choice, try the lasagna or the linguine with scampi
- Osteria Enoteca al Bric, Via del Pellegrino 51 - "best dinner we had for the food/atmosphere combo"
This area is notorious among Romans for restaurants that overcharge and mediocre food, so be aware especially on the Piazza.
- Navona Notte, Via del Teatro Pace 44 - Our family ate here on one of our trips to Rome. This is a popular, lively, cosy restaurant with great food, reasonable prices and you can see them making pizzas.
- Cafe Peru, Via Giulia 84 066861310 - small cafe Roma on a quiet street, stop for a capuccino and enjoy the outdoor tables
- Pietro Valentini Ristorante, Via dei Pianellari 19 066868565 - "small family owned restaurant has the feel of being a guest in their home...food is excellent and the service couldn't be better"
- Serafini Alla Pace Restaurant, Via della Pace 25 - On our latest trip to Rome we found this excellent restaurant with delicious food, a touch higher in price than some.
- La Focaccia, Via della Pace 11 0668803312 - great pizza and nice outside seating on lovely street
- Zucca Gialla, Via Governo Vecchio, steps from the Pasquino statue. "I expect to have culinary peak experiences once every few years. Four times in two weeks at this place."
- Capricci Siciliani, Via di Panico 83 0645433823 - Sicilian ristorante in Rome with great seafood dishes and nice outdoor terrace....try the Zuppa di Pesce (Fish Soup)
- Il Cantuccio, Corso del Rinascimento 57 - frequented by politicians, journalists & locals with excellent food and a romantic atmosphere...check out the Spaghetti with Pecorino Cheese on Focaccia or Green Peppercorn Steak
- Piccola Trattoria da Lucia, Vicola del Mattonato 2 - Real local cuisine and Roman atmosphere, family run restaurant
- La Botticella, Vicolo del Leopardo 39 065814738 - "food is incredible, the atmosphere charming and the prices moderate" Try the lamb, fried artichokes or pasta with truffles
- da Otello in Trastevere, Via di Monte Testaccio 30 065746318 - great antipasti bar (all you can eat)
- da Meo Patacca in Trastevere, Piazza de Mercanti 30 05816198 - touristy but..."location, decor, the waitstaff, and the entertainment are what really make Da Meo Patacca a truly memorable experience"
- Ristoranti Sabatini in Trastevere,Piazza a Maria 065812026 - good food, great setting, try the Seabass
- Dar Poeta Pizzaria, Vicolo del Bologna 45 - great pizza
- Da Gildo Ristorante, Via della Scala 31a 065800.733 - "Intimate, stylish, cheap, friendly service, and best of all, delicious, seasonal food"
- Checco er Carettiere Cafe, Via Benedetta 7 065817018 - "fruit tarts and pastries were outstanding"
Best Restaurants in the Jewish Ghetto
Check out the best Jewish Ghetto ristorante, bakeries and more.
Best Restaurants near Termini Station
- Meid in Naples, Via Varese 54 0644704131 - "True to the Neapolitan style, pizzas have a thick crust and toppings are abundant" modern and attractive ristorante near Termini Station
- Ristorante Regina, just around the corner from The Beehive. "Friendly, fast, caring, family-run, reasonable, yummy food"
Best Cafe Roma
- Antico Caffe Greco, Via dei Condotti 86, tel. 066791700 - most famous cafe bar in Rome, one of the three most ancient cafes in the world, classic, elegant atmosphere, expensive
- Rosati Cafe, Piazza del Popolo 5 063225859 - trendiest cafe and tearoom, dining room upstairs
- Tazza d'Oro Cafe, via degli Orfani near the Pantheon - Romans say the best coffee is prepared here
Italian coffee is made with water under high pressure quickly passing through the espresso coffee (i.e. express coffee). This intensely aromatic and very strong concentrated coffee is called "caffe' ristretto", or simply "ristretto".
If you want it more diluted (still in the small espresso cup, ask for "caffe' lungo" (long). Americans might want to order "Caffe' Americano", espresso shot in a larger cappuccino cup diluted with hot water. "Caffe corretto" has liqueur in it. "Caffe' macchiato" (stained coffee) has an additional splash of milk.
Cappuccino - the name originates from its color which is the same as the habit of the Capuchin monks. It is an espresso shot topped with frothy milk. Italians often add some cocoa powder on top. Cafe latte is espresso and a generous quantity of hot milk. Latte macchiato is milk with a splash of previously prepared, cold coffee.
Best Gelataria di Roma
If you are looking for gelato in Rome, here are a few favorites....
- Gelateria San Crispino, Via Panetteria 42, near Trevi Fountain - "it was so good I returned as often as possible" "try the cinnamon ginger or hazelnut merengue"
- Gelateria della Palma, Via della Maddalena 20, not far from Pantheon" - absolutely fantastic!" "I tried their sorbetti...intense fruit flavors, incredibly refreshing and TASTY!!"
- Blu Ice Gelateria just off the Trevi Fountain on Via dei Muratte...2 huge scoops of gelato for E2.00
- Gelateria Tartufo, Corso Vittorio Emanuele II 69/69A - "got the most gelato for my money (3.50 euros for a large waffle cone)"
- Gelateria Giolitti, Via degli Uffici del Vicario 40 - the most famous place for gelato in Rome, originally opened in 1800, can be crowded
Return to Home from Rome Italy Restaurants
Your Rome Restaurant Reviews
What is your favorite restaurant in Rome?
This is the place to share your own review of restaurants in Rome. Tell us your favorite ristorante Roma, trattoria Roma, cafe Roma, pizza Roma or Gelataria Roma....